Reference: EU Data Protection Regulation General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR (679/2016)
Personal information is information linked to you
Since May 25, 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is applied as a law in Sweden. GDPR replaces the Swedish Personal Data Act. It is mostly the same, but the requirements for how companies can process your personal data are tightened. The GDPR contains rules on how companies may process personal data. Personal data includes all kinds of information that can be directly or indirectly linked to a private person who is alive.
Processing of personal data
Our mission is to run and develop Science Park Skövde to contribute to increased growth in the local and regional business community. To do so, we process personal data in order to communicate our work and the purpose of Science Park Skövde. For example, we process your personal data in order to be able to communicate news and events organised in the Park, as well as relevant information about our buildings, premises and parking. In order to continue developing our offer, we also process your personal data in order to be able to send evaluations to you after you have signed up and participated in one of our events. Since we are a publicly funded business, your personal data may be stored for up to 12 years due to the demands of our financiers. However, we will never save your personal data longer than necessary.
The personal data we store:
- Contact details (for example, address, email and phone number)
- The municipality of you and/or your company
- Information about your meeting and conference bookings (when contacting us)
- Information about your requests to the superintendent (when contacting us)
- Social security number (in case you choose to start a company in our incubator)
We collect personal information when you
- sign up for one of our events
- sign up for our newsletter
- book a meeting or conference in Science Park Skövde
- send a case/request to the superintendent at Science Park Skövde
- participate in networking and skills development activities
- participate in our innovation management process
- are adopted in our incubator process
- participate in a project where we are project owners
- need a key and/or tag to our premises in Science Park Skövde.
Personal Data Assistants
When necessary, we share your personal information with our financiers and businesses who are so-called personal data assistants for us. A personal data assistant is a company that processes the information on our behalf and according to our instructions. When your personal data is shared with personal data assistants, it only happens for purposes that are compatible with the purposes for which we have collected the information. In order to protect your personal data, we have support agreements with the personal data assistants.
You have the right to request that your personal data will be removed and that they can be changed if they are incorrect or incomplete. You also have the right to request a snippet of the information we have about you. A request for a register extract must be sent to email@example.com.